The 52nd Union World Conference on Lung Health took place virtually from 19-22 October 2021, and many members of the IMPAACT4TB Consortium took part in the event. In case you missed it, here are some of the highlights from our partners.
- The ABC of scaling up 3HP in children. This session included a presentation by KNCV Ethiopia on the implementation of 3HP and the uptake of TB Preventive Treatment (TPT) among child contacts in 73 health facilities in Ethiopia. The session reviewed the latest evidence informing dosing of rifapentine in children for TB prevention and treatment and described lessons learned from the programmatic rollout of the film-coated rifapentine tablet in children.
- The Clinton Health Access Initiative (CHAI) team in Zimbabwe presented an oral abstract detailing the operational considerations of virtual care initiatives in TPT service delivery.
- The Aurum team in Mozambique presented an oral abstract on the rollout of 3HP in the country.
- Petros Mitiku from KNCV Ethiopia presented on the Road to TB elimination: scaling up TB preventive therapy in LMICs.
- Prof Gavin Churchyard from the Aurum Institute presented on the role of TPT in TB elimination.